Wednesday, June 25, 2014

When I am with...

When I am with older people I feel younger, more naïve, less bent, more hopeful, less hopeful, have more intricate conversations about feelings and theories, mind the generation gap, want to absorb their lessons then blithely proceed on without pause, muse about is that what life is all about, see life as a marathon not a sprint, see how much having children affects your life, and how much strength life can give and take from you.


When I am with younger people I feel older, more mature, like I am not mature enough, sometimes think they are silly to agonize over certain things but then find myself doing something similar, exuberant and reckless, scoff at their silliness, am a teacher and sharing my experiences, feeling inadequate when they are so "successful," am glad I can afford to live on my own, and revel with them.


Regardless, I learn from all.

No comments:

Post a Comment